Happy news to our fellow Gurgaon-ers! The Haryana state government recently relaxed the limit on gatherings and parties. As per an order issued in November, the state government only permitted meetings of up to 50 people for indoor events and a maximum of 100 people at outdoor events. This limit applied to the NCR's six major districts, including Gurugram, Faridabad, Rewari, Sonepat, Rohtak, and Hisar.
The recent order has relaxed the limit on gatherings. Now, indoor gatherings and parties of up to a maximum of 200 people are permitted. Wedding halls and party venues can host up to 50% capacity with a ceiling of 200 attendees. For outdoor events, the maximum limit has been increased to 500.
If you have been planning a large wedding or family event, this is excellent news for you. You can now host your dream wedding while ensuring that all safety precautions are met. While the gathering limits have been relaxed, it doesn't mean you should lower your safety shields.
Here are a few tips for hosting a large gathering in Gurgaon safely amidst the pandemic.
• Let your guests know that they will be expected to adhere to specific rules like wearing a mask at all times, sanitising their hands before entering the party hall/venue, thermal screening at the entrance, etc. By letting your guests know the safety precautions ahead of time, you can ensure that they are prepared for it. There is no unpleasantness at the venue.
• Don’t take offense if someone turns down your invitation. People should always have the freedom to politely turn down the invitation, especially during the pandemic. So, accept a gracious refusal without feeling let down.
• Watch the clock. Try to limit exposure by setting a specific time for your party. Include both the start and end time of the event so guests can plan when they should arrive and when to leave.
• Set aside a specific time for food. It's a good idea to separate tables and seat people with their immediate family. This way, they can comfortably take off their masks to eat.
• Use disposable cutlery like paper plates, napkins, cups, straws.
• When it comes to food, you can opt for individually packed meals to avoid multiple people touching the same serving spoons, cutlery, etc. At Captain Joe, we offer hygienic and tasty meals for events of all sizes. Whether you're looking for drop-off catering, individually packed meal boxes, or a regular buffet setup, you can rest assured that we take all the necessary safety precautions. All the food is prepared in our hygienic commercial kitchen by staff who have their temperature checked every 3 to 4 hours. All our servers wear face masks, face shields, and gloves at all times, so you don't have to worry about the food's safety.
• Instead of the customary greetings like handshakes and hugs, you can ask your guests to come up with new socially-distant greetings like elbow bumps, hip bumps, etc.
• Don’t forget to place sanitizers at focal points in the venue, so your guests can sanitize their hands frequently.
These rules and precautions may feel like a bit too much. Remember, the goal for 2020 (or until mass vaccination) is to stay healthy and enjoy safe parties. So, party safe and stay safe and enjoy a great time with your loved ones!
For the tasty and hygienic party food in Gurgaon, reach out to Captain Joe. We offer Covid-19 safe party catering for all events, big and small. Start planning your dream event by using our online free party catering quotation generator. Add your favourite dishes and start planning the catering menu for your big day.