As the nation slowly goes into unlock mode, we are so excited to get back into business! We've missed catering at weddings, parties, corporate events, and seeing the smiling faces of guests as they relish our tasty spread.
Whether you're planning to host an intimate party at home with close friends and family or organizing a corporate event at your office, the reality is that events will be a lot different going forward.
In this guide, we've compiled some tips on organizing safe meetings and parties in the Covid-19 era. Follow our guidelines to enjoy parties and events while following all the necessary safety protocols.
1. Safety should be your Top Priority
In this era of Covid-19, health and safety should be your top priority when organizing social events. Here are a few health and safety tips to follow at all times:
- Social distancing while serving food. All personnel who handle food should wear the necessary PPE – masks, face shields, gloves, hairnets, overalls, etc.
- Ensure proper temperature screening at the entrance before allowing guests into the venue.
- Constant hand washing – Set up sufficient hand washing stations at the venue. Provide sanitizer and disinfectants for all guests. You can even set up no-touch hand sanitizer dispensing stations around the site.
- Disinfecting high-touch surfaces like guest tables, serving areas – before, during, and after the event.
- Ensure that there are no-touch hand washing supplies in restrooms.
2. Choose the Right Venue
Crowded indoor halls with air-conditioning are a big NO! Whenever possible, try to organize your event in open air outdoor venues. Also, see that you don't overcrowd the venue. Maintain event capacity guidelines as per your state and national advisories.
3. Spread out the Layout
Going forward, event layouts will look widely different from what we are used to seeing. No more crowded lounge areas, lengthy buffet lines, or gathering around the stage. While organizing an event, spread out the tables so that families are seated far away. If you're hosting a corporate event or looking for Corporate Caterers in Gurgaon, you can go for tilted and spaced out seating, so guests don't face each other directly.
4. Friendly Reminders Posted Around the Venue
Ultimately, all the planning goes to waste if your guests do not follow them. So, it's helpful to post signage around the venue. You can even send out social distancing protocols to conform to all guests via email before the event.
Posters reminding guests to wear masks, maintain social distancing, and the right way to wear a mask will help in ensuring that all guests follow social distancing protocols. You can also include spacing markers on floors before restrooms to avoid crowding.
5. Consider Timeslots for Guests
If you fear that your event is likely to get overcrowded, you can opt for a staggering guest arrival time. Provide different timeslots for groups of guests so that the number of guests is limited. Make sure that you communicate the arrival time to guests specifically, so that they know their slots.
6. Opt for Virtual Events
This is a great way to ensure that no one is at risk of infection. Thanks to video conferencing technologies like Zoom, Whatsapp Video, and Instagram Live – you can organize a virtual party/event easily.
If you feel like your guests won't enjoy the vibes of the event while they are at home, you can send them a boxed meal or snack hamper. This way, they get to enjoy the food and watch the event while they are safe.
7. Plan for Socially Distanced Entertainment
Dancing at weddings, DJ parties at corporate events are out of the picture for the time being. But that doesn't mean – you cannot have fun. Rethink party entertainment. Book some stage performers like – magicians, stand-up comedians, live bands – to keep your guests entertained. At the same time, they are seated at their spaced-out tables.
8. Get Creative with your Catering
Catering is a big part of any event. After all, guests look forward to winding down as they enjoy the tasty treats you serve them. As the Covid-19 outbreak continues, it's recommended that you avoid overcrowded buffets, self-serve food displays, and communal interaction at meals. You can eliminate the risk of infection by serving individually packaged food and drinks to your guests.
Here are a few creative options to consider:
- Boxed lunches served individually.
- Snack kits or meal hampers delivered to the home of all guests, in the case of a digital party.
- Made to order cuisine – where each guest gets fresh food directly from the stove/grill.
HOW DOES CAPTAIN JOE HELP YOU ORGANISE A SAFE EVENT/PARTY IN THE COVID-19 ERA?
At Captain Joe, the safety of our guests and staff is our top priority. To ensure that we operate safely based on the guidelines by the ICMR, we have revamped our operating procedures from scratch. Here are some steps that we have taken post-Covid19.
- Enhanced sanitation in our kitchens and offices. All staff members are temperature screened regularly and wear PPE at all times.
- Food is now pre-packed to serve individual guests, instead of communal set-ups.
- We are a Corporate Caterers in Gurgaon who offers drop-off catering - contactless food delivery for at-home events in Gurgaon. The food is pre-packed and ready to be served. It minimizes contact with serving staff.
- We appoint a safety manager for each event. This person is responsible for ensuring that all safety protocols are followed diligently throughout the event.
- We know that we live in uncertain times. This is why we are offering flexible cancellation policies during these challenging times.
We evolve our safety methodologies as per local and national guidelines. Click here to read more about Captain Joe’s food safety practices.
Are you ready to Start Gathering Again?
At Captain Joe, we are vigilant about the health and safety of your family, friends, and guests. We can help you organize safe and healthy catering for your parties and events. All you have to do is give us a call at +91 989 998 8185 or Enquire Online to get started.